Decide on a famous character in contemporary society that you can relate as a "hypocrite". Then explain why this person could be considered a "choose an adjective" hypocrite according to our contemporary cultural standards as they relate to our society today.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIf I had to choose one person in modern society whom I believe is a hypocrite, maybe I would choose Dr. Oz, the TV sensation. It may seem silly but I see some humorous hypocrism from him. He constantly advocates healthy living for all people but most of the methods he suggests on the show would, in the long run, cost a huge amount of money that common people cannot afford. It is also extremely hard to follow some of his teachings immediately. Perhaps if he would slow down for a moment or even elaborate on how to make it simpler for everyone, people could follow more.
ReplyDeleteInstead, he whips through each episode and then hands out a new lesson in another. It is physically incapable to live by his preachings. Yes, preachings because some people follow this supposedly modest man, who is making huge amounts of money on his show, to the point of it almost religion. It is sad to see people fall prey to the television star and spend their savings on looking younger or having better hair.
In fact, there was even an episode criticizing his methods and saying that people are falsely advertizing faulty products with his name. His followers, of course, see the name on the label and will go to any lengths to purchase it thinking that it is automatically safe. This is leading to a huge amount of controversy.
Nobody can directly say that he is a hypocrite but I view him as one. If I had the amount of money he did, I would be able to follow everything he said. It's simple enough to state the the average person cannot afford everything he advocates.